Takes - 20 mins
Makes - 4 portions
Calories per portion - 275 kcal (not including pittas), 420 kcal (including 1 wholemeal pitta)
- 125 g Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (more if you like things hot!)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- Salt and pepper
- 800 g skinless, boneless chicken thigh (or breast) cut into bitesize pieces
- 4 metal skewers (if you use wooden ones remember to soak in water first)
Mix together the yogurt, spices, chilli flakes, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the diced chicken and turn to coat thoroughly. Ideally marinate for 2 hours or up to 24 hours (covered in the fridge). But if you haven’t got time just carry on with the recipe.
Prepare the barbecue or heat the grill (broiler).
Thread the chicken onto the skewers.
Cook the chicken for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through in the middle and charred in places on the outside. Turn the kebabs a few times on the BBQ or under the grill to get the kebabs evenly cooked.
Serve with flatbreads, pittas, lettuce, tzatziki, onions and pomegranate seeds – or whatever you like!