Takes - 20 mins
Makes - 4 portions
Calories per portion - 399 kcal (not including sour cream)
- 12 flour or corn tortilla wraps (I use Old El Paso)
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like things hot!)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic grated or crushed
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 peppers sliced into strips ( I like to use a mix of colours)
- 150 g baby sweetcorn left whole
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped finely
- Your choice of guacamole / sour cream (do not use for vegan version) / salsa / grated cheese (do not use for vegan version)/ extra limes & coriander / tortilla chips to serve - any or all of them!
If you are making your own guacamole or salsa, make these first and refrigerate until needed – or ask someone else to make these for you while you get on with the fajitas.
Preheat your oven to 180C / 160C fan/ gas mark 4 / 350F.
Remove the tortilla wraps from the packet and wrap in foil.
Mix together the cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, lime juice and crushed garlic in a large bowl.
Add all the prepared vegetables to the marinade and turn to coat thoroughly. Marinate for 5-10 minutes.
When the oven has heated up, put the tortilla wraps in the oven for 10 minutes until warmed through. After 10 minutes remove from the oven but keep wrapped in foil until needed.
While the tortillas are warming through, put 1 tablespoon of olive in a large frying pan or wok and heat over a high heat for 1 minute. Add all the vegetables and stir-fry over a high heat for 5 minutes, or until the veg is softened and slightly charred. (If you don’t have a large frying pan, use two smaller ones or the vegetables won’t cook properly.)
Sprinkle the vegetables with the chopped coriander and serve in the pan at the table, together with the warm tortilla wraps and whatever extras you have chosen for people to make up their own fajitas.