Takes - 35 minutes
Makes 4 portions
Calories per portion - 328 kcal (without rice), 458 kcal (with 100g cooked white rice)
- 600 g skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 3 red peppers cut into large chunks
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce (or gluten free tamari)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- Juice of half a lime (cut the remainder into wedges for garnish)
- 4 cm ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro) roughly chopped
- Jasmine or basmati rice to serve
Preheat the oven 220C / 200C fan / gas mark 7 / 425F.
Place the chicken thigh fillets and chopped peppers in a large oven tray.
Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, lime juice, ginger, chilli flakes and salt in a small jug or jam jar.
Pour the glaze over the chicken and peppers and turn to coat. Spread out the chicken and peppers into a single layer.
Place the chicken and peppers in the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes. Baste halfway through cooking.
After 30 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the coriander. Serve with rice and lime wedges.
Recipe from easypeasyfoodie.com